Do you need to engage with older consumers?
“The oldest third of the population own half of the population’s wealth.
Between 2005 – 2030 the older consumer market is expected to grow by 81%, while the 18-59 year old market will only increase by 7%. “
For customer facing businesses and public services, understanding the demographic changes and the needs and desires of older consumers is vital to future growth and success. Organisations that delight their customers and make it easy to access services will gain a reputation for excellence and ensure success in this growing market sector.
For public services, equal access and the promotion of inclusive communities is both a legal and moral imperative. Enabling older people to fully participate in society adds value to the health and wellbeing of individuals and enables services to be sustainable in the longer term.
Being Age Confident means..
- Understanding the needs of a diverse ageing consumer market
- Challenging existing perceptions and stereotypes of ageing
- Recognising common conditions that may affect the needs of older consumers
- Removing barriers that cause undue effort or exclusion for individual customers
- Creating places, products and services that everyone can access
Being Age Confident boosts business performance by..
- Growing market share in the older consumer market
- Delighting customers and increasing brand loyalty
- Building a reputation as an inclusive and caring brand
- Developing new products and services to meet the needs of older consumers
- Promoting equal access and engagement with public services
Our blogs are designed to inspire you to take a new perspective on ageing and connect you to the latest thinking and research.